BusinessObjects Board

How to update SI_UPDATE_TS with VBA

We have an unusual issue with the instances’ timestamp that all instances got updated with a single date. Is there a way to update the SI_UPDATE_TS with SI_ENDTIME via VBA code?

Thanks in advance

boausdev (BOB member since 2008-08-04)

Hi,

Where can you see the same updated date of all instances? I know that some versions of WebI Rich Client do this and it’s a bug. For more details check the KBA 2558500.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

On all scheduled instances. Contacted SAP and they mentioned it is a known bug for 3.1 but it is still happening on 4.2

We have this issue in WebI Rich Client in the version BI 4.2 SP3 patch 4. So it seams as a re-appearing issue. We also installed patch 12 in a sandbox and the issue is already fixed there.

Which exact version do you use?

Version: 14.2.3.2301

Do you know how to fix this using VBA?

That’s BI 4.2 SP3 patch 4 where the bug is present.

It’s not a bug with dates in the system database. It’s a bug with WebI Rich Client how it displays them. No chance to fix it using VBA. The only ‘fix’ is to upgrade to a later SP or patch.

SI_UPDATE_TS is a read-only property. The only option for changing it is very hack-ish: create a BIAR file export of the instances, modify the XML in the file to change the update date, then re-import.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I have seen the field can be updated using Java with the following code:
inst.properties().getProperty(CePropertyID.SI_UPDATE_TS).setValue(newTime);
So, just wondering if this can also be done via VBA.

That code will run in Java, but it will have no effect. The object’s si_update_ts will be updated to be the timestamp that the object was modified, regardless of what value the property is changed to.

Just here to confirm that I have had this exact thing happen (multiple times) in my environment. Have never confirmed a cause (no one here uses Webi rich client). Never found a solution.

4.1 SP7 patch 4

-S :hb:

Seagrass (BOB member since 2014-11-18)

Do you use reposcan? That will mess with the last update date.

Joe