BusinessObjects Board

How to schedule a report to a folder on InfoView

We have 2 folders under Public Folders.
-Development
-Business Reports

I want to a schedule a report under Development folder and put the results into the Business Reports folders.

Which options should I use while scheduling the report?

I tried the options below but I could not do what I want.

format:web intelligence
destination:file location and typed /Business Reports/…/FinalFolder

Schedule was completed as “Successful” but the instance was not put under the folder I specified.

metins :turkey: (BOB member since 2011-01-15)

You cannot do it in Infoview. Instances are stored in the same folder where the original reports resides or some other destinations that are provided in Infoview. (Network, FTP etc.)

If you want to put few instances in Business Objects folder, then you can create SHORTCUTS and place these in the Business Objects folder.

Hope that works for you.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

@BO_Chief,

Thank you. I was thinking about hyperlinks; now I will also consider shortcut’s.

metins :turkey: (BOB member since 2011-01-15)

Metins,

We have sent BO Report output to a file location which was a virtual directory for IIS on another server. Then created a link to point to the directory (kind of low class solution, not very managable for many files). So we then took these files and wrote a java program to load them into specific folders in sharepoint for internal users. This solution allowed for a bit more organization of reports.

HTH

tmcd :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-02)

Hi,

how we need to schedule to save as pdf in particualr folder in boUserDcos filder…

pls somene guide me

thanks

bouserbo (BOB member since 2010-10-27)

Do you mean schedule it to go into their inboxes? Or one particular folder?

tmcd :us: (BOB member since 2005-10-02)

thanks for ur reply

not in their inbox… has to be in particular folder in machine…

pls anyone help on this…

bouserbo (BOB member since 2010-10-27)

Hi
Did you manage to resolve this?
I need to send a file to another location on another server if I put
\servername\drive$\directory
it fails.
It also turns my slashes around.
Do I need the full domain name of the server or is there something else I’m missing?

SarahG :australia: (BOB member since 2005-08-22)

Hi SaraG,
We had a similar issue with sending reports to other servers and found the cause was that the ‘BO User’ did not have the correct permissions to write to the other server. We were able to confirm this by selecting a folder location on a server that everyone had read write access to and found that BO could successfully write them there. Also don’t worry that the slashes are reversed it has nothing to do with your issue

regards
Chris

callan :australia: (BOB member since 2009-01-18)

Brilliant - thanks!!

SarahG :australia: (BOB member since 2005-08-22)

Hi - I am a functional user of business object. I am trying to schedule the report using File location. This means, I can provide any window server path and the system can post the report in the designated path ? If thats the case what should be the user name & password? thanks in advance.

sathishbabu.k (BOB member since 2013-06-05)

There are two options:

1. When scheduling the report, specify a Windows domain user account and password. This will be used to connect to the file share. The specified user account must have permission to write to the location.
  2. Leave the user name and password fields blank. BO will attempt to connect to the file share with the user account that the BO server is running as. By default, the server runs as the local system user, which can’t connect to network shares. So a domain account must be specified.

I recommend option #2 whenever possible. With option #1, if you change your password, you must re-schedule all reports that use it.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Don’t know if this is any use but I found this topic whilst trying to schedule to a folder within Launchpad.

My eventual solution was to create a shortcut to the report but the user did not have permissions to view (in testing). So I tested adding User permissions to that report. This succeeded and so I extended this to the Group they were a member of. This worked and now they can view the report and its instances.

Marcus

The_Beak (BOB member since 2017-06-29)