BusinessObjects Board

How to save WebI reports with periodic data

I need to archive some webI reports with data for different time periods. I don’t want the users to be able to click the refresh button. But my problem is I don’t know how to disable the refresh button in the WebI reports. Help is appreciated!

bouser10 (BOB member since 2004-12-30)

I don’t believe you can disable this functionality without some custom scripting. However you can easily set the permissions to not allow them to use it. For example, when they do try to refresh the WEBI they will get an error stating that they do not have the appropriate permissions to refresh the data.

Hope that helps,

Darrick

Danielle :us: (BOB member since 2005-08-01)

Hi,

why don’t you save them as PDF ? That’s the easiest to save ‘permanent’ data.
I don’t think you want to disable refresh for users, since they can’t refresh any report…

Regards,

Gerard

highandstoned :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-08-01)

My Reports have drilling funtionality. If I save those as PDF, they would lose that funtionality.

Any more suggestions?

bouser10 (BOB member since 2004-12-30)

More suggestions: sure!! :lol:

You could add some javascript on the report which will disable the refresh button or hide it
This code could work:

<SCRIPT language="javascript">function hideRefresh() {top.frames(1).document.frames(0).document.getElementById('linkRefresh').style.visibility='hidden';clearTimeout('kkk');} function setHideRefresh() {kkk=setTimeout('hideRefresh()',10);} window.onload=setHideRefresh();</SCRIPT>

In case you’re wondering why I use a timer, the refesh button gets displayed after the document is loaded…

Put it in a free cell and set it to read as HTML.

Regards,

Gerard

And since you asked for suggestions, here’s the better one:

<SCRIPT language="javascript">top.frames(1).document.frames(0).document.getElementById('linkRefresh').children(0).href='javascript:void(0)'; </SCRIPT>

Have fun,

Gerard

Hi Gerard

Fantastic piece of code. It’s amazing!!!

Look, I’m working now on a WEBI development (BO 4.1) with a requirement to have an option button on the WEBI document report (not on the Input Controls side).
I’ve managed to easily do this requirement with the below code (as example):
" A
B"

on "Read as HTML " cell.

However I’m not able to capture the option selected value by the user on the WEBI side.

Can you help me on this topic? Can I kindly ask for your help/expertise on this subject?

After reading this forum, I truly think this should be possible if we use some JAVA script to fetch the option selected with some function like:
document.getElementById(‘RADIO’)

Is this possible? Is this the way? If yes, how do I include this code inside of the WEBI? In another HTML cell? How?
These are my doubts & questions.

Please contact me at the below email with your feedback or suggestions.
armando.j.a.santos@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Regards
Armando Santos

armando.j.a.santos (BOB member since 2015-01-11)