BusinessObjects Board

How to remove a VB macro from a .rep (SAP BO XI 3.1)

Hi,
I´m not use at all of using VB macros in Desktop.
Anyone can tell me how to remove a macro from a desktop report?
I suppose that I can remove them just from one report and the same one can still be working in any other. Is it so?
Thanks!!

Fina_Rodriguez (BOB member since 2010-12-09)

Go to Tools -> Macros -> Visual Basic Editor (or hit Alt-F11). This will bring up the VBA editor.

Macros will be listed in the left-hand pane under “Desktop Intelligence Objects”. Right-click on each one and hit “Remove”. You will be asked if you want to export the macro – you can do this to keep a backup in a text file.

There might also be Class Modules or User Forms in the project panel; you can delete those too (assuming, of course, that you’re sure you don’t need them).

Macros are part of the .rep file, so yes - you can remove macros from one document without affecting macros in another document.

Some more info here: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/VBA+fundamentals

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks a lot but it seems that either I don´t have the rights or I´m doing something wrong.
Attached a screen shot of the way for doing as you said. Is it a rights issue?
VB.png

Fina_Rodriguez (BOB member since 2010-12-09)

I don’t think the ThisDocument module can be deleted. Just double-click it to open it, and delete any code that’s in it (the right-hand pane).

It might be empty.

You should be able to delete the frmDummie module.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)