BusinessObjects Board

How to modify .LOV in Universe Designer Tool

In UDT, an object has 4 list of columns (lov) were defined. How can I edit/remove those columns associated with?.

where this .lov define in UDT. I have attached the screenshot for reference.

out of the object prompt:

If you want to complete remove the LOV from the object, uncheck the ‘Associate a List of Values’ box on the properties tab.

If you want to keep the LOV but change the columns that are displayed, first, note that it is possible that the LOV could be used by other objects and if you make changes to the LOV, it will change it for all objects where it’s used. If you do want to make changes, click the Edit button on the Properties tab. That will open the panel where you can add or remove fields. If you aren’t sure if the existing LOV is in use elsewhere, you can give it a new name in the List Name box – just make sure you do this before editing.

Hello,

In the first pic you attached in the question, under the List Name 17_emp_asg_efftv_home_dept, click on the Restore Default icon and it will roll back to the default LOV.

Thanks,
Mohammed

Thank you for the quick reply, I have cross-checked other reports that were not using this object except 1 report but I need to find where other columns were added to Emp Assg Effective Home Dept Code.

I click on the Edit button and notice there are only two columns (1. Code and 2. Name) there are other objects Effective date and Expiration date.

Hello,

I guess you’ll have to check each of the LOV files separately. Go to Tools -> Edit LOVs or at some other location. Manually look into each of the LOVs, by trying to Edit LOV.

Thanks,
Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

I have tried your steps but it is taking to the edit object and it has only two objects.

First things first, can you take a look at the Enter District/Agency prompt? Is it a Prompt created in the Universe? Or, was it created in Webi query panel?

If it’s created in the Universe, can you look at the @Prompt syntax to find out which LOV is being used in that prompt?

Thanks,
Mohammed

Prompt is coming from the universe, and I have tried with a new report as well, and when I place it into Query filter and view list of values (it has 4 column values).

Prompt is defined by the object, not the condition filter in the universe.

You’re contradicting yourself, by saying “Prompt is coming from the Universe … Prompt is defined by the object, not the condition filter in the Universe.”

Can you send us the @Prompt syntax of that Prompt created in the Universe? It has to be the one with Yellow Funnel icon.

Bottom line, please take a look at the LOV being used in the @Prompt syntax or if you created it using an Object in the Query Panel, look at the LOV of that object.

Thanks,
Mohammed

I’ve sometimes run into issues in UDT where the LOV gets “stuck” and will not update properly regardless of what I do. The only solution I’ve found is to reset the object to use the default LOV, publish the universe, then reset the LOV to the fields I want it to be.