BusinessObjects Board

how to identify inactive user

Hi,

We’re working on BO 6.5, ORACLE 8/10. But we don’t have any AUDITOR licences.

We would like to know which users don’t connect / identify since two months per exemple (licences are expensive).

We have downloaded some uiverses (in BOB DOWNLOAD : Repo65 & managero) but we haven’t this information in these.

I think it’s a permanant problem so if you have any solution…

thanks a lot!

oudin.charles (BOB member since 2010-03-22)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Without auditing turned on, it’s not possible to tell which users use/don’t use the system.

As far as I remembed BO 6.5 version, all what was possible to find out from the BO repository tables were those newly-created users that have never logged into BO.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

thank you!

Thank you for your response.

Do you know where i can get AUDITOR ?

Charles.

Auditor was licensed separately. I don’t know if it can be purchased nowadays for 6.5 version because this BO version is old and not supported.

Try asking your BO vendor about it though.

The only thing you can track indeed was users we need to change password at first login plus playing with password aging…

Keep in mind also that auditor for BO legacy products doesn’t track user activity through BO full client …

If a BO user has a login which is expired since 2 months also he is an inactive user. Is it this ?

So, how can I know since when the password has expired ?

Charles

[quote:8cb52b9991=“oudin.charles”]If a BO user has a login which is expired since 2 months also he is an inactive user. Is it this ?s
[/quote]
No, it’s not. We are talking about a newly created user who was set up to change the password at the first login. If such new user has never logged in (not even once) then you can find such user. But if the user logged in, changed the password and then has never used the system again - sorry, such user can’t be found from the BO repository data.

ok thanks a lot.