BusinessObjects Board

How to hide one out of two rows when both have the same data

Hi,

I am working in a WebI report in BOXIR2.
It has the same data in two rows. I want to hide one of the rows. I have tried “Avoid duplicate row aggregation” but no use.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

sabitha (BOB member since 2010-02-18)

If you completely want to avoide the duplicate data, you can uncheck “Retrieve Duplicate rows” at query level.

BO_Stuffed (BOB member since 2008-03-29)

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried that too now but it is not working. Is there any other way?

Our requirement is that we need to remove the first row and keep the second row.

Thanks

If the data is duplicate in all sense, this option would surely work.

Can you fire the query in the database and see if the data is really duplicate? If it is not, then you will have to play with conditions and filters to get away with that.

Cheers.

I am sorry. It is not exactly dupliacte. The account name and description columns are the same but there is a little bit difference in the values of sales price and few other columns.

Thanks

Ok.

So now you can resort to some filters but unless we know the full table structure, we would not be able to help you with the correct filter.

I am attaching my report.

Can you help me with the correct filter condition?

The rows which have values in bold needs to be retained. The sedol value should be added to second row.

Thanks
Report.xls (67.0 KB)

I hope the data is not quite sensitive… :crazy_face:

The alternate rows are the summary line for the above ones.

View the report in structure mode and try to delete the first row below the heading.

The requirement is such that we need to hide the rows.

The have nowhere mentioned to remove the row.

Thanks

sorry I got the picture wrong, you should remove the BREAK applied on the report and you should be fine.

Thanks for your help.

I removed the break and it worked.

Thanks

Hi

Now for "STERLING CAPITAL ACCOUNT and “US DOLLAR CAPITAL ACCOUNT”, there are two Sedol values so i am getting Multivalue error in the report. I want to remove that.

Also while exporting to excel sheet, the columns are getting merged. I want to remove that too.

The report is attached.

Please help.

Thanks
Report1.xls (57.0 KB)