BusinessObjects Board

how to get sql for a list of reports using VBA

Hi,
We want SQL for a list of reports. Is there any VBA code for this.
Thanks
allimina

animilla (BOB member since 2006-10-07)

There is a utility here …List objects used in a series of reports … that should serve as an example. It collects detailed information about the objects used in each data provider, but you could simply it to capture the DProv.SQL property.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi Dwayne,
I think that is not the solution for the problem that i have in hand. Let be restate my problem. I want SQL for each of the reports that are there in the repository. So we created a list from the repository for all the reports that were present there. Since we have lot of reports. What we want is , is there any way we can generate SQL used by the reports using the list that we created through VBA.

Thanks
allimina

animilla (BOB member since 2006-10-07)

The technique I outlined earlier does assume that the reports have already been downloaded to a local directory. If you have a list of reports, it is possible to use VBA to retrieve them individually by name. I don’t have an example handy, but look at the .Receive method. There is no way to avoid having them stored locally, and opening each document in order to get the SQL.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)