BusinessObjects Board

How to find what OS are supported by different versions of BO

Can anyone tell me where I can find and updated list of what OS are supported by older versions of BusinessObjects? I am running BOXI 3.1 SP7 and need to know if it will work on Server 2016 for about the next year

Search the web for business objects xi 3.1 supported platforms. It looks like some of the older documentation was saved on some archive sites.

1 Like

https://me.sap.com/notes/0002675370

From 1st January 2019, SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 is no longer a supported or maintained version.

That doesn’t mean that will not work.

1 Like

I appreciate you finding this for me, but unfortunately that link is dead. I know it’s not supported anymore, but I just need it to work for the next year or so while we get another platform updated. I was hoping we could fully migrate to 2016 for now instead of having to leave the 2012 instance up for this one application.

The PAM of BO XI 3.1 can’t be downloaded from the SAP site anymore. Maybee some one still has it somewhere.

Is there an option for you to try it? XI3 was around in 2008 so was well on the way to being neglected by the time 2016 server came out so a PAM for XI3.1 wouldn’t even consider Server 2016 as an option.

Power the 2012 Server down but don’t discard it so that you’re not using the licence once you’re happy with 2016.

Yeah, it’s looking like that’s what I’ll have to do. I was really hoping to be able to just give this information to my PM to avoid any wasted time. They should be updating the PAM when there are significant changes to the potential environment for anything that’s still supported at the time it comes out.