BusinessObjects Board

How to find the list of reports developed on a universe?

bluesky, if you have designer/deski on your workstation then the libraries should already be present, and it will run on any machine with these installed.

If you cannot access the refrences then please discuss this with your system administrator.

Sushir Patel :uk: (BOB member since 2006-04-19)

@ HRS

How do you get categories from the repository (IDs?)? Is there a way to distinguish between categories and subcategories and different levels of subcategories? I get them all together in the Documents sheet as if they were at the same level, which gives me a lot of problems, since all of my categories have at least 2 or more subcategories and almost all of them have a subcategory named ‘Test’. Add more than 1000 files and I get :crazy_face:. I was about to change your VB code to enable such distinction, but I realized I can’t find appropriate documentation which tells me how to differentiate between them on the repository.

Also, say I have a report that’s been assigned 3 different categories. If I apply a filter on categories once the macro has been run, my report will show up in only one of those 3 categories, not all of them. On the other hand, all 3 categories will be shown next to the file without applying a filter… do you know why this is happening? Should I change something in the code?

Thanks!

EDIT: I managed to get my Admin pwd working on Query Builder and I got the idea how categories and subcategories are dealt with… now I just need to learn VB and I’m all set. :mrgreen: But the second question still holds…

orbica :croatia: (BOB member since 2009-04-24)

Hey HRS,

I was able to execute the VB script and get data back in all of the excel tabs except for the Documents tab. Do you know why I can’t get my documents tab to load? If I look at the document tab, it looks like the scroll bar is really little. Giving me the impression that there are a lot of rows in the tab, but yet, I don’t see anything.

Thanks,

Terance

tb185024 :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

I had the same problem (check the page 5) - just clear out the dates at the login window and run it without them…

orbica, use the custom filter and the contains operator to list all reports that belong to a particular category.

Hi,

i need your help please! :hb:

When i start “getDocumentDetails”, i’ve got the error that you can see in the error.jpg (in english : the class don’t manage Automation or the extended interface)

Does anyone got an idea??

Thanks for the help :oops:
error 430.JPG

bruno782 (BOB member since 2006-08-02)

Hey Orbica,

Thanks for the tip … now a different issue. I’m able to get the documents to come back, but in the columns that list the universe and the category, it is blank 90% of the time. How can I get the universe and category to show up on all the rows.

Thanks Again,
Terance

tb185024 :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)

Sorry, I have no clue, I’m a complete newbie to VBA programming…

Though, I’m not sure I get your question. What do you mean by “it’s blank”? What’s empty? Is every consecutive row filled? Do you have all your universes listed or are you missing universes and categories?

:hb:

I need an idea or help or someone to hit me over the head so I don’t have to do this anymore… one of my previous questions is back…

Here’s the problem - I’m using v5 macro for getting the list of all files on the repository. Everything works perfect except categories. The categories under the “Documents” sheet show just their name, regardless of the fact it’s not a top level category, but e.g. a 3rd level subcategory (there’s nothing to indicate the “path”). A bit better, but similar thing is under the “Category” sheet which gives top level categories under Parent columns, but also puts the same top level categories under Category columns. Also, every category which has subcategory (and thus becomes a parent for every subsequent child/subcategory) is then listed under the Parent columns. :hb:

I’ve been trying to find out how to fix this. In the repository, the root/absolute top level categories have parent_id=45. This gives me a starting or an ending point. I think there are two ways to do this, but feel free to add your ideas:
a) Because of the BO “property bag”, I have no idea how to extract the data under SI_PATH, such as SI_FOLDER_ID1 or SI_FOLDER_ID2 (which give me the levels and at which level, for each category). Does anyone know how to do this (in SQL)?! With this, I could write a recursive algorithm to extract all subcategory levels (and post it here, of course).

b) Inverse recursion, that is, to start off with all categories that have SI_CHILDREN=0, get their parent_ids, get their parent_id (and other info), get their parent_id, … and somehow get to the parent_id=45 level. This should be done on per category basis, because the depth level is unknown for each category. I haven’t been incredibly successful at incorporating this into the main code… actually, I failed miserably. :frowning:

Any ideas? Anything? Bread crumbs? Or I just gave you an idea and you, as a hot-VB-coder, have already written the code and are willing to share with the rest of us? :mrsbob:

Thanks!

From Excel 2007 Developer Reference > Visual Basic for Applications Language Reference > Visual Basic Language Reference > Error Messages:
[i]
Class doesn’t support Automation (Error 430)

Not all objects expose an Automation interface. This error has the following cause and solution:

The class you specified in the GetObject or CreateObject function call was found, but has not exposed a programmability interface.
You can’t write code to control an object’s behavior unless it has been exposed for Automation. Check the documentation of the application that created the object for limitations on the use of Automation with this class of object.

You changed a project from .dll to .exe, or vice versa. If, for example, you have a .dll server already compiled and registered, and then you change the project type to .exe and recompile it, the fact that the .dll and .exe are already registered on your system prevents you from creating either object. You must manually unregister the old .dll or .exe to avoid the problem.
This is caused by the combination of project compatibility and changing a project from an .exe to a .dll. In project compatibility, the CLSID is preserved, but not the IID. Since the CLSID is preserved, the class ends up being registered with two servers — one an in-process server, the other a local server. When an instance is created, the in-process one is chosen. When the querying of the interface occurs, the .dll does not support the IID because it’s new.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1 (in Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).
[/i]

I’m not sure if it helps…

@ HRS

At first I want to thank you for this nice Excel Sheet.

Is it possible to edit your sheet to get also the CUID of the objects like report, universe and connection?

Thanks,

Jan

RapidJvD :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-09-10)

I haven’t been able to get the spreadsheet to work - I know that it must be user error.
I receive the following error message: Compile Error - User Defined type not defined. I am then taken to the VBA btn_extData_Click routine and the Sess As SessionMgr is highlighted.

I know nothing of VBA and a naive when it comes to BizO envirment issues.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
vba_error.doc (36.0 KB)

bigodwg (BOB member since 2008-11-05)

@RapidJvD - The next version will contain this but only for docuuments and Universes. The next version also contains a whole array of document types…

@bigodwg - ensure you are running the spreadsheet on a Workstation that has BO XI installed on it and ensure that the libraries are pointing to the version you are on, the current version of the Excel document is pointing to XI 3.1 libraries.

FYI - new version has been uploaded to the “BOB’s Uploads” folder, ready to be validated by the Moderators and when approved will be available in the “BOB’s Downloads” area.

Done … BOXI Repository Documentor

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi
I am running on BOXI R2
I have changed the references to 11.5 but when i am running it is gvivng an error

"Cannot access old version of CMS "

Can any one help me out

Thanks
Badri

BADRI (BOB member since 2005-08-10)

We tried to get Metadata Manager, but SAP/BO could not get it to work after 5 months of trying. Also, it’s expensive. We ended up going with an Analytics8 product called System Profiler for $5k per CMS. More than sufficient for impact analysis work. http://analytics8.com/system-profiler Combine it with Auditor data to get the full picture.

pcgeekus :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-16)

When I check the Event Viewer in my BOBJ test environment, I see this error

Property SI_PATH is missing on object identified by 445652
Property SI_PATH is missing on object identified by 445706

This Synch User job is supposed to run every 4 hours, prior to installation of SP3 few days ago; however, now scheduled task does not work and will only run manually.

Any recommendations?

kevr :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-24)

Hi! Is there a way or has there been a spreadsheet that can pull the following?

Report Name Column Names Objects Used Class Universe

I’m currently using BO XI 3.1 SP2 and MS Office 2007. Purpose for this is we are looking for reports that uses a particular object in it. Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks! :slight_smile:

vladguevarra (BOB member since 2011-03-17)

Hi

will it work on BO 4 or is there any such tool for BO 4.

Thanks

osrootofos :us: (BOB member since 2012-02-10)