BusinessObjects Board

How to find BO server

Hi,

We are using BO 5.1 . we are using BO full client on each mahine. I want to know if i have find on which server machine my BO server is installed how to find this…

thanks,

aroranikhil (BOB member since 2005-03-21)

Hi,

I have quite obvious question:
Have you asked your BO administrator? He/she should know everything about your BO server :yesnod:

(moderator note: And moving this topic from General Discussion forum to Web Intelligence 1.x/2.x Servers forum)

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Actually the problem is all old employees left company and now nobody know which server is hosting BO 5.1 server.

We all are using BO full client …it working also…no WebI …only full client…
so the question is Is it possible to find which server is hosting BO 5.1 .

If i have to search on each server whether BO 5.1 is installed or not what unix command should i use…

Thanks

I am not sure what BO server you are looking for there are a few that you could try to find.

1. BO repository server. This is mandatory and exists if you need a login for BO. If you have no login then it would not exist.
    The easiest way to find it is open supervisor go to the Tool Repository menu in there you will see the domains and the connection to the database

2. You are using BO in Zabo mode (at the login you have a small globe in front of your domain. If you only have a userid and password you don’t have that server. Open the key file from the BO path (the http link is more or less readable in there

3. You are using BCA. Then you will find the informatiuon in the BCA console where the name of the server is displayed.

I hope this will help you.

ClaireB :de: (BOB member since 2002-08-09)

Thanks a lot…I still have few doubt…

If we don’t have WebI …Zabo and we are not using BCA …

what we are doing is full client on each machine…we have one repository database and i have access to it also…
so do we need any BO server…any machine which is having a BO server component installed…?

Thanks

In BO 5.1.x the only components that run on a server are Webintelligence and BCA (and may be auditor). If you are not using any of those then you have no server to look for.
If you have only Full Client users then all you need is a BO repository which will host all user security (Security domain), Corporates reports (Document domain), universes (Universe domain).

Rachid

rachidb :morocco: (BOB member since 2006-07-06)

… and ZABO – which is 3-tier “full client” via the WebI server.

So, agreed – if you have only 2-tier full client on pre-XI versions of BusinessObjects, then you don’t have a BusinessObjects server. You only would have a BusinessObjects repository – as set of tables in one of your database servers.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)