BusinessObjects Board

How to convert "failing" links on BOB pages ?

BOB predates the transition to SAP, so it seems a lot of links to “general practice” articles seem to be out-dated.
E.g. :
how do we translate Links to Kanisa into “SAP Notes”, or anything else? (if this is possible)
same question for links to “businessobjects.comstuff

Or will BOB translate them for us?
Maybe some kind of “user script” would do it, but I’m too new to that to write one myself and … I need to know where to “point to”, or it won’t be better than the non-responsive links.

We are a BO-only customer, no other SAP products, and we are in Europe, where the local SAP Sales Rep doesn’t seem to know how to introduce us to ASUG/BOB ( " that’s for USA , better join Sapience.BE " was the last answer we got, but ASUG is supposed to host those “user conference papers” with best-practices, and Sapience.be … is hard to search.

RensH :belgium: (BOB member since 2007-06-18)

There’s no way to automatically translate all the old BusinessObjects.com links on BOB to new SAP.com links. And, unfortunately, I can’t imagine anyone else here has the time to try and hunt them down and change them manually. That’s just an unfortunate side affect of the acquisition.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Another part of the problem is that some content of the original businessobjects.com pages might simply not exist on the sap.com site.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

BOB is unfortunately not immune to the concept of link rot but there’s really not much that can be done. Content only remains on the web for as long as the content producer finds it to be useful. Companies are not going to continue to maintain old sites after acquisitions, and that goes for something big like SAP purchasing Business Objects all the way down to some of the smaller Business Objects consulting partners that no longer exist.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)