BusinessObjects Board

How to add a blank line in the details section

I need help figuring out how to add a blank line or carriage return between data sets in the details section. I have a field that contains multiple data elements, so it shows as data set (although each line seems to be its own detail line). If there are more than one data sets, the next record runs together with the first data set. Is there a formula or a way to get a line or carriage return after each set of data? I attached an example of the report, For each new Date, there should be a line separating it from the previous date. Any help would be GREATLT appreciated!
3-17-17 TMP report.JPG

mcaten (BOB member since 2017-03-17)

Actually inserting another detail section is one way of adding more vertical space. It looks like in your case you are grouping by visit date and the group footer is hidden. Showing the group footer and sizing it to your needs should help.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

I tried the suggestions and it did not work. The data is grouped by physician then patient. The other info is in the detail section and not grouped. The issue is crystal is treating each line on the report as a detail line. I need it to group several detail lines together (6 details needs to be treated as 1 detail line) as a set and only add a blank line after each set of data. When I add space or add another detail, it expands all the details and separates the set up data. I’m not even sure crystal can handle this? Any ideas?

mcaten (BOB member since 2017-03-17)

The trick is figuring out a formula that will group six detail lines together. I have some thoughts on this, but not the time. Basically setting up a formula that would have a row counter that resets after six rows, but that is as far as I have thought.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)