BusinessObjects Board

How do I make my report aware of the login credentials used?

I’m a new member and I’m really blown away by the knowledge of the members of this forum! I bet that someone will be able to answer my question with no sweat.

Is it possible to have multiple infoview or webi users login and run a common report and yet see different results (based on their login)? The report would be something like a Sales Report and the users would be managers of regions across the country. Jeff might be the California manager, so when he runs the sales report he sees only California’s data. Another salesperson would see only the data pertaining to his own region.

Now I know that I can have the user choose their region manually via a parameter, but I’d like the report to “know” what region is their’s and show them only that data automatically. That’s to keep managers from seeing eachothers data.

There must be some way of mapping usernames to other information like “region” and then filtering on that mapped data. But how? That relationship does not exist in our database (Progress), so should I create an Access DB or something to relate Username to Region? If so, what command or method is used to tell the report that “‘Jeff’ just logged in, so please go find which region Jeff belongs to and then filter by that region”?

As you can see, I’m new to this and can’t even conceive which direction to go. I’m in debt to anyone who can shed some elementary light on this.

mmeister55 (BOB member since 2008-03-10)

Hi,
Please do not cross post.
Your topic is already present in Web Intelligence XI forum

Omkar Paranjpe :us: (BOB member since 2006-02-13)

Agreed. Please do not cross-post. It leads to fragmented discussions and is against our forum rules.

Topic closed.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)