BusinessObjects Board

How do I bypass outlook warning when sending report?

Hi guys,

Forum newbie here. :wave:

I’m having a problem when sending my reports with the sample script listed in here Send Mail via VBA

Some warning always popup whenever the script tries to send email.
"A program is trying access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose “No”. "

I tried searching the forum and found out some suggestion about blat. Not sure what it is though.

DittoRahmat :indonesia: (BOB member since 2009-08-04)

Blat is a command line SMTP mailer. Have a look here:

It’s quite simple to use. However, I am not sure if it’s suitable for what you need. Give it a try.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hi Marek,

I don’t think SMTP mailer is what I need.

I’m looking for a supplemental VBA code for the script I’m already using above.

I’ve already searched google and found some script called Redemtion RDO and currently checking it.
http://www.dimastr.com/redemption

Any BOB members would like to share their experience / examples using this script?

Check also this old post. It may help:

Hi Marek,

Thanks for the link.

My script is quite similar to the ones you’re referring, using CDO. However it still doesn’t solve my problem which is causing an outlook warning to popup everytime the script runs.

The script does the job just fine, but I still need to click the confirmation button on the popup, which eliminate the purpose of the script altogether, which is to automate the report delivery via email.

I’m currently looking a way around to disable this popup warning.

Or perhaps I’m using it the wrong way ?

The popup warning is a part of Outlook security. This can shed more light on this issue:
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=52