BusinessObjects Board

How can we add object to BOMM Repo

Error:-
The object is not available in the Metadata Management Repository

sjain :india: (BOB member since 2009-04-17)

what object its complaing about ? CMS Object, Database object ?

to add objects to MM Repo you have to configure and run the Integrator for that system for example to view details for a RDBMS configure and run RDBMS Integrator from CMC the Integrator will collect the database objects and store in MM repo

similarly you can configure and run Integrator for BOE which will collect metadata of CMS Objects like reports, folders, uers etc

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Hi Manoj,

I am getting the same error while I am trying to view lineage from Infoview.

I am also not able to see any webi reports under the BOE integrator from BOMM explorer.

It can include CMS objects like servers, universes, folders, etc.

Regards,
PT

link2BOE :india: (BOB member since 2007-07-02)

if you donā€™t see any WebI report in BOMM Explorer for the integrator, then the Integrator is not collecting the reports, what is the version of MM and are you collecting WebI reports from BOE XI R3 or BOE XI R2 ?

Thanks for responding Manoj :slight_smile:

I am on BOEXI 3.1 SP4 with BOMM 3.1 FP1.8.

You are correct to say BOE CMS repository integrator is not collecting webi infoobjects and may be others as well.

Following are the errors we noticed for webi related documents:

1. [I-3026732] 2011-10-10 16:15:11.718 Webi document [Auditor/en/Services in the Cluster]. Cannot initialize Report Engine server. (Error: RWI 00226)

This can be fixed and this is not related to BOMM; It is for webi tier.

1. Collection failed. Correct errors indicated in the log and rerun the integrator.

I Checked the logs in ā€œProgram Files\BusinessObjects\MetadataManagement\MM\logā€ folder and there is nothing. Is there some kind of logging I need to enable to see verbose logging?

Kindly help.

Regards,
PT

There was something wrong with WEBI server component.

Tried creating a new one with no luck.

The I had to remove WIReportServer file from / and created a soft link to WIReportServer.bin file.

It worked :smiley:

Now the collections are completed for webi and lineage report is working fine from Infoview.

I have a new problem though.

We have auditing db as DB2. thus universe is pointing to it.
We created a relational integrator and the columns of auditing table not giving impact report. (I selected the one which I am sure is used on one of the reports)

Any idea what I did wrong :frowning:

-PT

for the impact check if you see the table collected in both BOE and RDBMS integrator, you can search for the table and see if the search return the table in both configuration

if it does, then check if the schema or owner of the table is same in both the configuration

Thanks for the response Manoj.

I created a report based on the sample universe efashion. This webi report used ā€˜Store nameā€™ as one of the objects in the query.

I ran the report, it works fine.
I ran the BOE CMS Repository integrator. it works fine.
I searched for ā€˜Store nameā€™ in BOMM Explorer search, out of many other objects I can see Store name as universe object and also as table column.

I picked table column and looked in ā€˜Impactā€™ tab, but it was empty.

I then checked the universe object, again empty Impact tab.

As I posted earlier. navigated to webi report which I created, checked lineage, it shows the data is coming from ā€˜Store nameā€™ universe object. To my surprise, it doenā€™t show that the universe object is picking data from ā€˜Store nameā€™ table column.

Is there some link broken between the two integrators; CMS repo integrator and RDBMS integrator?

Kindly explain.

you mentioned that MM version is 12.10.8 ? I think a similar issue was fixed, click on About link in BOMM Explorer, what is the version you see there

if itā€™s 12.1.0.8 then please file a case with Support

Thanks for the guidance Manoj.

I found the solution or you may say workaround. (It was my bad and lack of knowledge about BOMM :frowning: )

It was BOMM explorer preferences.
It was set to default i.e. schema.
I noticed that for BOE Integrator, schema is showing as ā€œUndefined schema for database <database_name>ā€. And for RDBMS integrator, schema was showing the correct schema name.

As explained above, the mapping was not working as comparison is done with reference to schema name.
I went and changed the preference from ā€˜schemaā€™ to ā€˜tableā€™.
All went well then.

Thanks again.
There is so much to explore.

instead of setting the comparision to table level, create a equivalency rule which says that ā€œundefined schema ā€¦ā€ from BOE System is same as schema from RDBMS integrator and see if that works