BusinessObjects Board

how can i delect bulk users in BO 6.5 versions please

Hi One and all

It is very urgent for me please help me out…

I have to delecte 2 thousnd users from my 3 different user groups out of 10 thousand users.

So please any one can help and gudie me how can i delecte them at a time from 3 different user groups.

Very very thanks in advance.

Thanks
Harika

harika.bo (BOB member since 2010-03-17)

This is not a universe designer question. In 6.5, users and groups were managed via the Supervisor application, so I will move your topic there.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

You can check the OBJ_M_ACTOR table. It stores all information about the users.

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

Hi Harika,

Check in the Supervisor guide how import/export of users and groups can be automated using a text file. There is also a chapter about deleting users in a batch. That should help you.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

thanks a lot

Thanks
Harika

harika.bo (BOB member since 2010-03-17)

honnestly, maybe such stuff can appears a bit boring but the best and safe way to achieve it is still doing it manually. How many time will you wast to study an automation process which is still dangerous when it is about deleting. My advise. Put your mp3 player on and do it manualy… :wink:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

My $.02:

In 6.5, deleting users is much safer than in XI. If you use the Import file method, it can create an undo file – if you need to re-create any users, they can just be imported from the undo file.

There is no automated process for deleting users’ personal folders, though; you’d have to work out a DOS script to delete the directories.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)