BusinessObjects Board

Hierarchy in Universe?

Hi,

How to use hierarchy in universe?

Regards,
Shankar

silv_shankar :india: (BOB member since 2006-04-03)

Shankar,

This forum is not meant to be any course. If you have a problem you can’t handle, everyone will be glad to be of service. Just asking ‘how to’ is not so smart as the documentation provided by Business Objects (or following a course, I would recommended if I read your posts!) explains it very well and detailed. So instead of waiting for someone to answer, just open the documentation (I’m sure someone in your company has access to it) or ask for proper training.

jobjoris :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-06-30)

…this is not meant as some online course. If you have any trouble or problem read the documentation. If that doesn’t help, do a search on BOB. If you still can’t find it, ask on BOB.

Don’t do it like you’re doing now: ask first!

:hb:

Gerard

highandstoned :netherlands: (BOB member since 2005-08-01)

Since several members have chimed it, it seems like a good time to repeat this information.

Please read our FAQs in each forum, and remember to use our Search facility before posting a question.

When you post a new topic, the first line of the new-topic comes up with:

Search first?  	Did you try to search first? [Search] [Search Tips] [How To Ask Smart Questions]

Check out those hyperlinks – they’ll help you out as a new member:
Search
Search Tips
How To Ask Smart Questions

The How To Ask Smart Questions has a particular section, “Before You Ask”, which says:

Before You Ask

Is there anything I should do before I ask my question?

The four things you should have already done before posting a question are…

Read the manual (RTM) or Search the web (STW)
Read the FAQ
Ask a knowledgeable co-worker or friend
Search BOB!

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)