BusinessObjects Board

Hide Row if Value is Blank?

Hi,

I have a custom report and I am using the break function. The data looks similar to the below example. My question is, if one of the values is 0, is there a way to make it not show the entire row of that data? In the example below, I want to have the 2nd row of data removed because the amount is equal to 0.

Name, Account #, Amount
Test, 123, $50
Test, 123, $0
Test, 123, $10

I don’t know if this helps to solve this problem, but I made a formula to hide the name, account and amount if the amount is zero. So then the question becomes, is there a way to hide entire blank rows in BIC?

Have you tried applying a filter where amount <> 0

1 Like

I tried, but I don’t know how to get the filter to filter out the entire row of data if amount = 0.00.

I found that I can trick the system into doing what I need by making formula’s that say if not amount <> 0 then display. If I do that, my excel output only shows rows with data (which is great and it actually worked when I uploaded that into the other software!), I just thought it looked funny because my report looks like swiss cheese because it doesn’t hide blank rows, it only hides the data and keeps various rows in the report.

This isn’t really a problem now as much as a “how do I make it look nice” kind of question now. Is there a simply way to “hide blank rows” in Webi?

You need to be careful about the concepts of the report filtering.

Hide rows you don’t want is filtering.
Hide blank rows (genuinely, not ones you’ve masked out as blank) is a table option (look at the table properties and toggle the option).

1 Like

Remember that if you filter that table based on just one metric being zero, none of that rows other metrics will contribute to any aggregates.
A = 0
B = 50
C = 80

any aggregates on B or C will not include the 50 and the 80 unless you add a context to your aggregate function.

1 Like