BusinessObjects Board

Hide/disable/suppress errors (2032) in Xcelsius Dashboards

Hi,

Been trying to figure this out for a while…

I have some dashboards running on unattended screens and there are occasional short term drops of internet resulting in 2032 errors appearing. As there’s nobody to click them away they just block the view. When the dashboard refreshes the next time and has internet it pulls down the data and all is good. Except the 2032 error is still visible.

I have seen 2 options which I have tested and do work but don’t really meet my situation. They both include adding a flash variable to the dashboard called “SHOW_ERROR_WINDOW”

1. Use an OpenDoc link for the dashboard with suffix “&lsSSHOW_ERROR_WINDOW=FALSE”

But this will time out after 20 mins by default.

1. Embed the dashboard into a website and include some additional lines in the html
FlashVars="SHOW_ERROR_WINDOW=False"

This needs a website/html file.

Is there a way to suppress these errors within the SWF itself only? I.e. without any separate/outside page etc. so I could send somebody just the SWF say and it would have errors suppressed ‘out of the box’

buffalotom99 (BOB member since 2017-03-24)

I would like to know too. I have had an on going issue with a stand-alone dashboard (XML data source) that the 2032 error pops up once in a while. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for getting the error.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)

Hi,

could you please tell me which version of xcelsius are you using?

venkat.c (BOB member since 2011-05-30)

But without that error message, how would the user know that the current data is incorrect?

If external issues have stopped the XML from refreshing, the data on the dashboard is possibly out of date. The user isn’t going to know this with no warning message.

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Venkat - I’m using Dashboards 4.2 SP3.

Debbie - On the Dashboards I have a “last update” visible field which changes colour when it hasn’t updated in a certain time. i.e. people would be aware if there is an unacceptably long time since data refresh.

buffalotom99 (BOB member since 2017-03-24)