BusinessObjects Board

Hidden tables in BOXI R2

am i post this in the wrong forum?

any one please give me information about CI_INFOOBJECTS TABLE 1

Regards
ash

asni (BOB member since 2007-04-06)

The CI_INFOOBJECTS is stored in the system database as binary encoded data. You cannot use normal sql tools to view the column values. The code behind the Query Builder can translate the sql and return data. The only other way to get data from the system database is to write code using the sdk.

blair :canada: (BOB member since 2006-11-17)

Hi,

Right it based on the Xi sdk. It’s a good start to develop more sophisticate tools to query the security.

Regards

hi
its valuable informtaion.
then how can i know what are the available tables in system database.like any pdfs or any other sources

how can i see all of the tables & their columns…

please.

Once again Thanks
ash

Hi,

Again there is nothing to see within the CMS tables. You may have a look to the sdk documentation.

Regards

Thank you smith such a fast response

select SI_ID,SI_NAME from CI_INFOOBJECTS where SI_PROGID=‘CrystalEnterprise.Webi’ and SI_INSTANCE=0;

here i am using the table CI_INFOOBJECTS like this what other tables are available. thats what i am asking.

as your last post in which SDK documentation i can get this information

Thanks in advance

Regards
ash

Hi,

This post can help you.

SDK documentation is available on OCS website.

Regards

Yes Smith,
i already gone through this topic, after reading this only i got the question(this whole post). but what i am asking is.
CI_INFOOBJECTS
CI_APPOBJECTS
CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS like these what else hidden.

can i have any path for OCS website.& where which SDK DOc can help me?

please Smith
Thanks in advance
ash

SDK can be downloaded at http://diamond.businessobjects.com/. Please keep in mind that it is not for the faint of heart. You need to have pretty solid programming background.

Hope this helps.

substring :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-16)

Apparently no longer available there. And can’t find where to find this now :crazy_face:

yep :yesnod: documentation gives you only an overview on the possibilities. You need to search and find solution by yurself.

Regards

They changed the site a little since the last time I visited. But it seems to be more organized. The following link at the developer site grouped the SDK by versions…

Thanks you substring & Smith.
thank you very much. really appreciate, i will gothrough
this
regards
ash

yes i know programming at good level.

i will go through

thank you alll

regards
ash

Hello Everybody,

I think BO uses something like “Hibernate” to map SQL request on Java Object.

FYI:

CI_INFOOBJECTS will help you to find datas about BO Objects (webi - deski reports, crytstal), Corporate Folders, Inboxes, Categories, Personal Foders

CI_APPOBJECTS will help your to find datas about Universes and Universe Folders.

CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS will help you to find datas about Groups, Users, Server Groups and Servers.

(through Query Builder of course)

Regards,

Alexandre.

360View (BOB member since 2007-08-08)

thanks for your information Alexandre

regards
ash

Where are these hidden tables located. Are they part of file system or on database?
Thanks
Taurean

Taurean (BOB member since 2005-08-15)

I thought one of the earlier posts has stated very clearly. These hidden tables are in the system database. They are in binary format and not readable by normal RDBMS tools. You can query these tables with Query Builder because it is wrapped with BOE SDK.

These tables are the 6 CMS tables. They make the links between the Files located on the server and the rights set on them. You also query them using CMS sdk.

BR
Sebastien

Do you mean the tables brings information from filesystems too when I use Query Builder. It is just not tables alone that provide whole information?

In other terms, if I delete the file systems, I query wouldn’t run even though it has whole information on DB tables?

Thanks
Taurean.

Taurean (BOB member since 2005-08-15)

The simplest way to understand this is to assume that the CI_INFOOBJECTS and other tables are ‘virtual’ tables. They do not exist in a relational database. The SDK present an abstraction layer much like a universe.

You cannot run any kind of relational database SQL query over the CI_INFOOBJECTS tables. You can ONLY query this ‘virtual’ database through the SDK tools.

It is of no consequence where these table exist, or even if they actually do. All that matters is that SDK returns data in this format. If you are trying to extract information from the CMS database through any interface other than the SDK, then you are wasting your time and effort.

Hope this clarifies things.

cmashworth :uk: (BOB member since 2007-04-04)