BusinessObjects Board

Help with SAP Business Objects and Netezza integration neede

My client is using Netezza as back-end data source for SAP Business Objects and in Netezza there’s a process which is called fragmentation (add new data after ETL and old data becomes irrelevant) but that old data also stays inside that database so Client wants to know how to Direct BO connection to the newly updated data so it always brings new data with the queries?

Anyone out there knows about it please help, thanks in advance!!

uxee (BOB member since 2014-01-06)

is fragmentation transparent to the client application ? if not, then is there a specific syntax for SQL or Connection that Netezza Expects to access data in such cases ?

manoj_d (BOB member since 2009-01-02)

Team,

Any best practices on SAP BO on top of neteeza, my next project is going to be on that, want to understand what kind of issues/best practices need to keep in mind.

Appreciate any thoughts and share learnings.

Thxs,
Suresh

suresh_srinivasan (BOB member since 2009-03-25)

did you find any guides buddy, am also looking for help regarding business objects with netezza

manohar3787 (BOB member since 2012-07-30)

What sort of help, exactly?

One important starting point is to make sure the correct supported components are used, i.e. version of Netezza and ODBC for your patch level of Business Objects.
Conficuration will differ depending on server OS and whther its 32 bit / 64 bit.
Also, if you use Crystal you should confirm it supports Netezza as a data source.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)