BusinessObjects Board

Group number retention and pass thru fields

We are planning to use Information Steward Version. We are having following two issues.

1 Group number retention : In IS we are building the cleansing and matching process. We want to run the process on daily basis. We also want to maintain the history on how the records get added or removed from a group. Currently we are noticing the group number is randomly generated and there is no feature to retain the old group numbers with IS. How can we configure the IS so that the group number can be retained in the IS process. I know this can be done in BODS once we publish the IS solution to BODS, but can this be done in IS. I am trying to avoid doing this in BODS as we do not want to change the steps of IS manually.

2 We are loading the incoming data into staging table. The incoming data has fields which needs cleansing (eg name, phone,email id) and some other fields which do not need cleansing (eg WealthFlag, Private bank indicator) . After cleansing I want to join my cleansed data (eg name, phone, email id )back with additional fields (eg Wealth Flag, Private bank indicator). To enable this join we wanted to have a key column in both the data sets. So we tried to have a column called record id in both the data sets. I want the record id to be present in the cleansed data but I do not want it to participate in the cleansing process. Is there an option to have some fields being passed to IS but not take part in cleansing. The main purpose is to join back the cleansed data with other fields which came from source. Poonam

phemrajani (BOB member since 2012-06-02)

Can somebody from SAP Product Management share their feedback on this feature.

Or

Any developers who can share their experiences on this requirement.

Poonam

phemrajani (BOB member since 2012-06-02)