BusinessObjects Board

GL Account Hierarchy Circular Dependency

We’re getting a lot of circular dependency errors on the GL account hierarchy load. I’m struggling to determine the records at fault. The error log contains the following, for example:
DF_GLAccountHierVr_SAP_1_3|Transform Hierarchy_Flattening
The hierarchy values
<ZACNCACN1~~~E->ZACNCACN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~E->ZACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~161201~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~E->ZACN~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~E->ZACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CACN~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~E->ZACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CACN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~E> input to transform <Hierarchy_Flattening> form a circular dependency.
These appear to be parent or child IDs which are created with the following formula; rpad(HIER_ID,30,'~')||rpad(CHART_OF_ACCT_ID,30,'~')||rpad(PARENT_ID (or CHILD_ID),30,'~')||LANG_ID_MULTI
But it's not clear to me which are parents and which are children or where the circular dependency is.  When I look at these records in the GL_ACCOUNT_HIER table the first 4 have a clear hierarchy but it's the last 3 that I don't understand (?, BACN, and another 1).  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

---

**craiggsmith**  _(BOB member since 2009-06-01)_

I ended up just filtering out all records where child ID = ‘?’ and that seems to have solved the problem.

craiggsmith (BOB member since 2009-06-01)

Hi Craig,

I see that you have applied filter as CHILD-ID=? that resolved the issue.
But there are records in the source with certain values which would be required. Please advise

its_ranjan (BOB member since 2011-02-16)

I’m not 100% certain I understand your question, but I think I had the same concern. This solution was actually proposed by someone else at my company, but after further research and thought, it seemed to me that any hierarchy records without a valid child could not be of any value. There are also records without a valid parent but I decided to keep those.

craiggsmith (BOB member since 2009-06-01)

Thanks for the response :+1:

Hi,

I still need to understand the valid values of CHILD_ID and PARENT_ID to be able to analyze because the job fails with circular dependency error.

What we are tying to achieve by using mapping transformation on them:-

replace_substr((OuterConcat.HIER_ID||OuterConcat.CHART_OF_ACCT_ID||OuterConcat.PARENT_ID||OuterConcat.LANG_ID_MULTI),’~’,’’)

Please advise how to resolve