BusinessObjects Board

FRM0008 - You are not authorised to use this document

I have read through many of the topics on this problem but the problem here is slightly different. The .rep files in question here have only ever been saved as .rep files to users PC desktops. They have never been exported to the BO repository.
The ‘save for all users’ option had not been checked and I have obviously told them to select this from now on. Is there any way to get back into these desktop documents that have now become locked?

miu_dave :uk: (BOB member since 2008-06-05)

Don’t know about getting the report back up and running in itself, but if you’re just after the SQL from the report, you can open it in Notepad and take it out (it’ll be in there as plain text).

Olly :uk: (BOB member since 2008-01-24)

What event caused these reports to become locked?

MBTDC :us: (BOB member since 2007-12-28)

Thanks for this, I’ll pass the information on. Not sure I we have any SQL experts though!

Dave

Thanks for your interest. This is indeed the critical question to which I have no answer. In theory this should not be happening as this appears to occur when published reports are subsequentlly deleted. My users have created their Deski reports and have only ever saved then outside of the repository environment. They have then attempted to open the documents at a later date and have found them locked. Unfortunately they now seem to be facing having to recreate their own reports.

Dave :hb:

I remember hearing that if you log in as the overall ‘administrator’ account (not users with administrator access), then that might be able to open the reports as it have access to everything in theory - I’ve not tried it myself but it’s worth a go. Hope this helps.

Olly :uk: (BOB member since 2008-01-24)

Probably some one has exported the report to the repository and deleted it. Sorry :frowning: I’m not sure of any other possible reason.

cyberdude :india: (BOB member since 2007-02-05)

I also had the same error longtime back. Check it here

Hope this helps

alexks (BOB member since 2008-03-25)