BusinessObjects Board

Formatting a number makes my other formatting revert (?!)

When I try to format the display of a column, the rest of my table seems to revert back to if I had just dropped the columns in. For example, in the linked video, you see that my beautiful column headings revert back to the default as soon as I try to format this amount. Please advise, what am I doing wrong? I am so confused.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/Qy_592Q0T0y9DH6NFF5Rmw.7lZ0uITohpjGVnZGSNiQYp

Thank you,
Rob

1 Like

I do not see that you are doing anything wrong, but I am still learning the new interface myself. Does this happen in the web interface as well (as opposed to the Rich Client)?

I have 4.3 SP02 Patch 8 installed and cannot reproduce your issue. I would not be surprised if this is a bug.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance. BTW, your video is very helpful in explaining your issue.

Noel

Hi Noel!

Yep it also occurs in the web interface. I’d gone there in the hopes of a workaround. So sad.

I do appreciate your looking at my issue. :slight_smile:

We are on Build 14.3.2.4169 and Version 4.3 Support Pack 2 Patch 2. I should have noted this in my post and that’s my bad. Thanks for the hint! I should ask about patching up to Patch 8. If that happens and the issue goes away, I will report back.

Rob

2 Likes

Hi!

A friend at our software vendor tested this for me. She’s tried it on both patch 2 and 7 and tells me that she has no issue with the latter.

I guess we have a resolution. :grin::man_shrugging:

Thanks, man!

Rob

This kind of stuff makes me wonder what sort of regression testing SAP does. :grimacing:

Fingers crossed they regress to XI3 :smiley:

1 Like

Word.

Hey someone JUST showed me a workaround for the patch that I am on so I wanted to update this thread. Maybe I can save someone stress.

If I right-click on the cell and go to Format Display THAT WAY rather than through the wrench icon (Properties Panel that opens up on the right), the issue does NOT occur. I’ve tested it a bit and have validated this.

Absurd!

Anyways, a workaround.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Fortunately for me, that’s the way I’ve always formatted cells so would never hit the problem. Probably just a symptom of having worked with the tool for over 25 years!