BusinessObjects Board

files associated with a particular job?

Hi,

Is there any metadata table that contain the name of files that are related to a particular job. I have SAP as a source. After extracting data from SAP the R/3 data flow place in a file (say R/3 file). This R/3 file I used a source to load data into target tables. I have jobs that contain 10 - 20 R/3 files. I am deleting these file after the completion of job(to avoid any chance of stale data). In normal course these files are replaced by ABAP code. but still I want to delete these files.

Is these any way(except manually checking) to find out how many R/3 files are associated with a job.

Please advise. I express my thanks in anticipation of prompt response.

Best Regards,[/b]

meet_as (BOB member since 2006-02-02)

AL_PARENT_CHILD

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

Hi Warner,

Hope u r in best of ur spirits. Thanks for ur quick response. I tried with the view of this table ALVW__PARENT_CHILD. but it was giving lot of unwanted information. Since i am sure now, I’ll try again with this table and let you know about the result.

I deeply appreciate ur assistance.

Best Regards,

meet_as

Of course, this table will give you for a particular DF all its direct child objects. You need to filter on the type of child you are interested in.

Hi warner,

Thanks again. I tried with the above table it is working fine. But I have seen one strange thing. The BODI Repository doesn’t contain any information about the file that is created by ABAP. As I had mentioned , using R/3 data flow , we r extracting data and using DI data transport placing it in a file( R/3 file). And there is no information about this file in repositry. Please find the screen shot .

I express my thanks in anticipation of your prompt reply…

meet_as
screenshot.doc (33.0 KB)

But I remebered having seen it so I started looking myself.

Damn, it was the ABAP filename, not the transport file name. :hb:

Hi Warner,

I apologize if I used wrong naming convention. Actually, only few months back I started working on this tool.

Still I am looking for the answer.
How can I get the name of ABAP file associated with a particular job?

If you query on AL_LANGTEXT table (this table contain the name of these files), it very difficult to filter. It seems there are three columns (Parent_OBJID, SEQNUM, Text_VALUE). The column "Text_VALUE " contain the name of these files in vague way .

Please advice.

I am looking forward for your response.

Regards,

Is there a way to find out where or actually what Job has the name of the Data Tranport ??

Joealyche (BOB member since 2012-02-29)

The al_parent_child table is a simple relationship between objects. It does not walk the hierarchy from the lowest object to the highest object (a job). To really make al_parent_child useful you have to expand the hierarchy all the way. I wrote a stored procedure to do just that, but the end result is a list of which objects are used by a job. This is what you want (which jobs use a specific object) but it’s still not as full featured as I would like.

eganjp :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-12)