BusinessObjects Board

Failed to read data from report file Reason: table not fnd

BO Enterprise XI R2, cannot publish crystal reports using the publishing wizard.

Failed to read data from report file Reason: The table could not be found.

Any ideas to get around this would really help out.

Regards,

markniesta (BOB member since 2011-08-10)

What type of connection does your report use? If the connection is an ODBC connection, has the System DSN for it been set up on the report server?

Have you been able to publish your reports through Crystal instead of the publishing wizard?

-Dell

hilfy :us: (BOB member since 2007-04-16)

Business Views, ODBC System DSN is setup properly.

I figure I may have imported the Business View wrong? From Business View Manager I exported from my dev server then imported to prod server.

Apparently I learned exporting my business view also includes the Data Connections that the Business Views are dependent upon.

So which ever folder you specify it copies it there. Originally the all Data Connections Resides on the root folder. To return it to the original location. I deleted what I had exported. Exported this time to the root folder, then only deleted the business views, foundation, elements. Then exported again to the folder where I intended then only deleted the Data Connection.

Makes any sense? So I then had to re point the business views and all the dependent objects to the data connection that resides in the root folder.

I tested the connection, it works fine. I properly updated my crystal reports to the business view in production. Did a sample extract it works as expected.

However when i try to publish, either from Crystal or Publish wizard i get the same error?

As a work around i am thinking, after updating the business view in the crystal reports, shall i re map the fields?? or reexport the business views again?

Any help will be surely appreciated.

Have you tried using the Import Wizard instead of the publishing wizard? You need to be sure to check “Repository Objects” in order to get the items from the Business View Manager. The Import Wizard is specifically designed for copying objects between environments.

-Dell

I have tried using the import wizard at first, only the reports were imported along with the business view. however the underlying foundation and business elements weren’t included.

I am stuck in a rut right now, what’s the proper approach given the circumstances?

Regards,
Mark

Hmmm…Have you tried publishing from Crystal with “Refresh Repository Objects” checked?

I see you’re using XI R2. Have you installed any service packs - in particular with the client tools? IIRC, the Import Wizard that came with the original version of R2 had some issues.

-Dell

I have tried to enable repository refresh still got the same error, we have BO XI R2 SP6 installed.

Regards,
Mark

I hate to say it, but you’re probably going to have to open a support case with SAP. I’ve walked you through everything I know to check.

Sorry!

-Dell