BusinessObjects Board

Extra Blank Pages in PDF/Page Mode in Webi Reports with sections/vertical tables

Experts,

Hope everyone doing safe and sound.

Issue:
Webi Report in Page Mode or Exported to PDF showing extra blank page. The extra blank page shows as first page or last page of the section sometimes. The report structure has vertical table inside the section.

Precisely, we have noticed this issue when the number of records fit exactly in a page for the dimension on which section is applied. This happens in page mode or when exported to PDF.

Page Setup: Landscape - A4, Width: 1 Page, Height: Automatic
Margins: 0.4 for all

Section Properties:
Minimum Height: 0 inches
Bottom Padding: 0.05 inches
Hide Sections:
When Empty
Document Properties:
Permanent Regional Formatting - On

Even we tried it on Landscape – Legal/ Landscape – Letter page size, issue remains the same.

Can you please suggest on how to fix it?

Thanks.

Regards,
Prasanth

Hello @prasanth44 and welcome to B :mrgreen: B.

Check the widths of your table columns. I have seen where the width of the column can be off just enough to cause what appears to be an extra blank page when it is actually just enough of the last column to cause the page break.

Check also for any columns that may be set to auto-width. This could cause the width of your table and thus your section to vary depending on the data.

Thank you very much, @JohnBClark. Appreciate your quick response.

I have checked all the fields in the vertical table inside section and all of the columns are set with a fixed width. However, they have been set to auto-height, so i have set it to fixed height. Still the issue happening for other section values.

I seem to be missing something more here. Unfortunately, it’s not allowing me to upload the screenshots since being a new user.

Check the spacing/padding on the section. If your table fits on the page but it’s set to add space at the end of the section, that empty space may be pushed onto the next page.