BusinessObjects Board

Exporting to Excel, but numbers are formatted as text

After exporting data to Excel, the numbers all basically all text. In Excel, they have the little green tag … (I converted the first column manually)
Business Objects, exports to text, not numbers

I can convert them en masse by choosing “Data” tab, then “Text to Columns”, but you can only do one column at a time, and I have like 20 … can’t they export to a number? I tried both formats when exporting.

I researched how to fix in Excel, the tedious method (Text to Columns) seems the only way. I posted a question on this to an Excel forum, but if B.O. would export a number to a number, I’d be good!

Definitely inconvenient - been there many times. There might be other ways of handling, but I typically export via csv file and open in excel. It will format numbers correctly when you do this. Note that if you don’t want numbers w/ commas (ex: 1,234), then you will want to format the number however you’d like prior to exporting. Otherwise it seems to default to the format I showed.

1 Like

Ok, I tried it in *.csv as you suggested - - - shoulda thought of that … :face_with_raised_eyebrow: worked great … :+1: