BusinessObjects Board

Explorer missing from CMC Application list

Hi all,

I have a strange issue on once of my systems, explorer has been installed but appears ‘disabled’

We are using XI4.1 SP1 Edge and somehow Explorer doesn’t appear in the list of applications in the CMC.

Also, -as you can see on the screenshot- although explorer is available from the BI Launchpad and launches successfully, it loads with a disabled ‘Manage Spaces’ link (even as Administrator) and is not usable.

Any ideas? I’ve checked rights and everything seems to be fine.
I’m about to try a repair of the Explorer installation, but not sure what else I should try.

Thanks for your help
Antoine
Explorer not available.PNG

Adesmare (BOB member since 2004-04-27)

It sounds like the installer was not able to connect to the CMC during the setup process.

Running a repair install is the way to go, but I would first check the Installation log under: E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs to check exactly what went wrong during the setup.

Regards,

Alejandro Serrano

iguanasterix :iceland: (BOB member since 2008-02-18)

It looks like this was related to security after all.
using the Administrator user we could finally see Explorer in applications, but using any other user from the administrators group we couldn’t

After resetting the rights on the Explorer application (administrators > Full control) we could again see it with all admins.

The repair was performed, but probably not needed

Thanks

Adesmare (BOB member since 2004-04-27)