BusinessObjects Board

Event_Type_Desc not showing Document Edited...

Hi,

The audit universe doesn’t appear to be loggin details around the Event_type_ID/Desciption. We are no longer seeing Document edited, document, refreshed, document Retrieved or document Saved. Also, Document name which relates to Derived_document_name tbl isn’t displaying all the documents the users are using. Any ideas muchly appreciated as I’m baffled!

Thanks guys!

sel (BOB member since 2008-04-23)

I’m assuming you’re in XI3.

Audit settings are set for each server. In CMC, go to Servers. Open up every WebI Processing server and every Job server. On the “Audit Events” tab, make sure “Audit is Enabled” is checked, and then select all of the events that you want monitored.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Thanks - this is using xi3.1. ‘Audit is Enabled’ on every server. What I have noticed though, is unlike the other servers the Adaptive Processing Server doesn’t display what events you want to monitor. Could this be why the database isn’t being populated properly?

Resolved the issue - the second webintelligenceprocessingserver wasn’t restarted (was stopped). After restarting this the data is coming through correctly. I didn’t realise the both webintelligenceprocessingservers would provide different aspects of data. I thought the second was basically a backup. Has anyone else come across this before?

The audit settings should be the same on all servers of like kind.

If one of them does not have all actions being audited, and it is the only active server, then it would make sense that no activity is being logged.

But it also means that you have been probably missing half of your audit data all along, you just didn’t realize it.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)