BusinessObjects Board

Error when executing Sales_Load_SAP from management console

Hi

Data services 4.1
Data Services designer 14.1.1.210 (64 bit)
Data Services management console 14.1.1.210
Windows server 2003 r2 x64
Sales Rapid Mart 4.0

I have been running the Sales_Load_SAP job from the Data Services designer this has run okay. However when I then use the management console - batch configuration tab in the status section I click on execute and submit the job I get the following errors see attached part added here in case attchment does not work.

What it appears to object to is the use of formuals to get dates for example:

This job has worked in designer, has anyone else come across this and if so do you have a fix. I have seen something similar in Data ServicesXI3.2 but this was any varchar variable and was fixed by a sap note, I have had a look and I cannot see any sap notes for this.

douglasCuts (BOB member since 2011-02-22)

Hi douglasCuts,

I have absolutely the same issue on server side. And I’m able to run my jobs from the Designer successfully.

I use the same version of DS:
Data Services management console/jobserver 14.1.1.210
Designer 14.1.1.275
Repository 14.1.1.0000

Could you please share any workaround solution?
Thanks

fx3478cbc (BOB member since 2013-02-14)

Hi

I have not managed to solve this yet, I think it is an issue around escape characters, that is certain characters should have escape characters in front of them so the scheduler interprets these correctly on submission. I have tried submitting the job so a \ is in front of the single quote where it occurs in an expression, this changes the error but the job still fails.

Hope this helps.

douglasCuts (BOB member since 2011-02-22)

Hi,

I get the similar error, were you able to find the Solution? the Data Services version I am using is

Management Console - 14.1.1.210
Desiner - 14.1.1.210
Job Server - 14.1.1.210
Job Engine - 14.1.1.210
Repository - 14.1.1.0000

PAR-010102: |Session Sales_Load_SAP
Syntax error at line <1>: <>: near found expecting <+, ||, DIVIDE, MOD, *, SUBVARIABLE, a decimal>.
Syntax error at line <1>: <>: near found expecting <+, ||, DIVIDE, MOD, *, SUBVARIABLE, a decimal>.
2 error(s), 0 warning(s).
Check and fix the syntax and retry the operation.

Thanks
Ranjit

ranjit.krishnan (BOB member since 2008-11-11)

HI,

I see the post is old, but ran into the same issue while executing “Job_DM_Lookups_FileToApp” for BP.
The issue was in in the “Global Variables” for a specific entry, the " ’ " would change to a " ` " every time I tried to execute. I corrected it again, and execution ran fine.

Regards,
Charles

Charles Tietze (BOB member since 2016-05-24)