BusinessObjects Board

Error at Infoview API 'getPages'. (Erro: WIS 30270)

Hello folks,

When I try to open a report at Infoview XI, it appears:

“Ocorreu um erro interno ao chamar a API ‘getPages’. (Erro: WIS 30270)”

The error appears sundelly.
When a close the error ( “x” button), the report is empt, without objects.
And before, the reports was normally, with object and tables.

anybody can help?

Thanks a lot :blue:

Rebo (BOB member since 2006-05-22)

Hi,

(Erro: WIS 30270) is a general error.

I also got this problem before. You can try these steps:

• Restart the web intelligence job server & web intelligence report server.
  • Install SP1 and Monthly hotfix.

Good Luck!

-Irene

irene (BOB member since 2005-12-15)

Thanks Irene!

I restarted the services but it didn’t work.

Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks a lot! :rotf:

Rebo (BOB member since 2006-05-22)

it also happened to me.
once, I tried to update my java run time software. it worked for one day. after restarting my server, we found the same problem.

what I have to do is just do backup regularly and restore the latest version of my codes, and it works fine.

at least, It is not to be my job stopper and still waiting for a good solution from another… :wink:

haytes

haytes :indonesia: (BOB member since 2007-01-12)

Any word on a good solution for this error?

Shazu :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-12-11)

Your best bet is to go to the universe that is supplying your data. We recently had an upgrade of a third-party application that involved db schema changes (name of a foreign key column changed).

I encountered the getPages API error and after coming here, I decided I needed to go all the way back to the begginning–a good choice.

I had some derived table defs in the universe that depended on this foreign key. Having grown somewhat lazy, I had neglected to run the integrity checks before exporting. When I did run the checks, they stopped suddenly telling me that they were “interrupted by user”. :hb: When I attempted to display table values for the derived table, I got a generic ODBC error. :reallymad:

Long story short, when I checked the derived table def and fixed the column name, all the errors went away. :oops:

mikeOMC (BOB member since 2006-12-27)

Hi,
I have had the same problem.
I tried to opened a document. After a long wait the message was: "An Internal error occurred while calling the ‘getPages’ API. (Error:WIS 30270).
I think that it depends on the layout page of my document.
I have used an A3 format.

Which format have your document?
The error dosen’t appear when i trie to open document with A4 format.
Thanks a lot
Bye
Laura

LauraBat (BOB member since 2006-12-19)

I had the same issue,my document was having multiple report tabs,i have deleted the extra report tabs,i have just kept the one report tab,then i dint get that error again.

Thanks
msr

KSReddy (BOB member since 2006-08-17)

I had this WIS 30270 error occur on several reports. The error would occur when attempting to save the report in PDF format while in the Java editor or while viewing. Each of these reports were very similar and each of them have the same 4 tabs.

Originally the reports had all different paper sizes chosen for each tab. After cleaning this up, I was left with some reports still generating the error. Some of the reports I had to change so that all tabs were letter/portrait before the error went away. Others I could leave with 3 of the tabs letter/portrait and 1 tab set to legal/landscape to solve the error.

One particular tab seemed to be the problem across all reports. If I deleted this tab, it also solved the error. Strange stuff. :?

nathanebht :us: (BOB member since 2004-02-05)

Determined the actual specific cause of these couple of reports producing a WIS 30270 error when saving them to PDF format.

The report developer used an alerter, on the problem report tab, to hide some text on certain conditions. If certain prompt choices were used when running the report then no WIS 30270 error would occur. If I deleted the report tab or just the alerter, it also prevented the error.

My solution was to delete the alerter and instead use a formula to do the text hiding.

nathanebht :us: (BOB member since 2004-02-05)