BusinessObjects Board

ER Diagram

How would I go about getting my hands on an ER Diagram for version 6.5 Oracle Instal.

nrusse :us: (BOB member since 2006-06-27)

Moderator: Can you please move this to General discussion section. Its not related with Classic.

Thanks

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

Done!

:mrgreen:

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Hi,

could you please be more specific and possibly re-phrase your question?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I am looking for a Diagram that shows how the Business Objects Core tables Join together. For example the security tables, document tables, mapping tables. The ER Diagram would be very usefull in developing back end process to pull data from Business Objects Core tables for back-end reporting process. Such as a Security Reports to show what users have accounts and what status their account are in or creating a data dictionary of all mapped fields.

Thanks

nrusse :us: (BOB member since 2006-06-27)

Install ERWIN, reverse-engineer the BO repository schema. you’ll find what you want.

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

I think this wont help as there are (in case of BO repository sitting on Oracle DB) no foreign keys in BO repo schema. It means that reverse-engineering would reveal table structures, indexes but it would not reveal how BO repository tables should be joined.

I think that the BO repository universes that you can find here or here and here could give you clear picture how BO tables can be joined. And evenmore you can built the reports you need based on these universes.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)