BusinessObjects Board

Equi Join not pushed to SAP

Hi All,

I have a Dataflow where I am joining SAPTABLE1.COL=SAPTABLE2.COL and bring two columns from each table to the output table which is in SQL Server.

When I go to Display Optimized SQL and see the query, it is not pushed to the SAP database.

But when I do the same coding in Abap DataFlow, I can see it is pushed to the database from the ABAP Code.

Wondering, if we cannot do a push down to SAP Database in regular dataflow, we have to bring in all the data to the Staging and then perform a join ?

We have background mode enabled too.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Srinivas

srinivaslikesit (BOB member since 2007-04-03)

SAP tables directly in Dataflow cannot be joined. Only the where clause will be pushed to SAP.

Either join in the R/3 Dataflow, or tranfer the tables seperately after the SAP extract.

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the input. I have observed the same thing and that’s when I posted the question in the forum.

Thanks & Best Wishes,
Srinivas

srinivaslikesit (BOB member since 2007-04-03)

I seem to remember hearing this would be fixed in 4.3 ?

Not 100% sure though…

Leigh Kennedy :australia: (BOB member since 2012-01-17)

Not fixed, but new feature I guess.

If so, that would be a major enabler for us. However with a RFC read table with the streaming option enabled, there is still the challenge of running in the foreground and not in the background.

Do you have any idea where you got this?

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

I think I saw in in a powerpoint of the Data Services roadmap. But it was a while back, so don’t bet the farm on it…

Leigh Kennedy :australia: (BOB member since 2012-01-17)