BusinessObjects Board

Email notification if a job failed to run

Hi,

I’m using BO 3.1 and i’m trying to setup an email if a schedule fail. I went to CMC and configure the email notification for job fail and scheduled the report with a event based on a flag that i knew that will fail. So the report had fail to run, it has a failed status but there was no email sent to me. I have the SMTP server reconfigured on my BO servers, i can send report by mail without any issues. I tried to send a notification if the schedule will run successfully and is working.
Can someone help me with this problem? Is it something i need to do to get those notifications on ‘failed’ or is not working because of the event based on flag?

Thanks

antimo (BOB member since 2017-03-01)

I think the event is a red herring - it becomes irrelevant once the report schedule starts. Out of interest, if you click on Failed what are the details of the failure. The fact that you are able to receive a notification when the job is successful is strange. I assume you’ve double checked the email you put for the failed notification, just to rule out any typos etc?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Thanks for your reply, Nick!
The error i get for that report is ‘Object could not be scheduled within the specified time interval.’ I did another test and i’ve created a new object in the universe, created a new report and after that i’ve deleted the object and republished the universe. I then scheduled the report with the object that is no longer in the universe and it failed. This time i received the fail email so i guess that the problem with my first scenario is that the server looks for an error on during the running on the report but in my case the report never runs because it couldn’t find the flag.
In this case is there any way i can receive a notification if a schedule will fail because of a flag was not posted during the time of the schedule?

Ah, I did wonder if your ‘Fail’ wasn’t a real fail. Hmm. When you say you want it to fail when a flag is not posted? That flag is linked to an event, is it?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Yes, i have an event based on a flag made by the ETL process. It sometimes happen that the flag is not posted so i need to know before the users asks for the report. and i have a lot of schedules…