BusinessObjects Board

Dynamics Recipients to Drive Publications Prompts-BI41 SP5

Hi,

To better manage the hundreds of Publications I need to write in the upcoming months, I want to use the Dynamic Recipients “without using prompt values” so that as accounts get added or deleted they are managed through the Dynamic Recipient Webi report, not inside each Publication. I’m sending to output files to a File Server. When I use prompt values, everything works perfectly. I’m unable to get the Publication to work without prompt values. One question is, “Do Publications work without prompt values?”. But, if they do work w/out prompts, what am I doing wrong? :hb:

I attached screen shots.

Error Message: 2015-04-07 11: 23: 10,269 ERROR [PublishingService: HandlerPool-28] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminErrorLog_Instance_5061175 - [Publication ID # 5061175] - Scheduling document job “Test Publication Rpt” (ID: 5,061,188) failed: no data to fetch ("pmEnter values for Dlr Num (no leading zeros): ": no given values) (FBE60502)

John
BO_41_SP5- Publication Error.doc (295.0 KB)

John Gresham :us: (BOB member since 2003-10-20)

Do you mean, you want to apply the personalization via a report filter, or you don’t want any personalization at all (all generated files to be identical)?

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yes, I want to personalization each file sent out (each file to be different). The Dynamic Recipient file will have the individual account numbers.

could you send screenshot of your bursting file with the recipients and accounts and screenshot of personalization?

Swimmer :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-08-23)

Found the solution :idea:

In the report, make the prompt “OPTIONAL”.

:smiley:

John, i have a similar situation. We have hundreds of clients with their unique account numbers, so ALL of our reports contain standard prompts such as: Enter account number, enter begin date, enter end date. When people access reports they enter their account number and the dates to see the respective data.

What i want to do is, i want one single report burst to our hundreds of clients by dynamically passing the account numbers in the account number prompt. Did you do something similar? If so, did you have to make that mandatory prompt an optional prompt? Is there a way to pass the values dynamically without making the prompt optional?

NycPriya (BOB member since 2010-11-04)

hi , i just want to know whether you made it work because i have the same requirement, passing values to prompts from dynamic recipient .

would you kindly share your solution if succeeded?

roundmon (BOB member since 2017-05-17)