BusinessObjects Board

Dynamic Field/Column

Hi,

I have a dimension month. This Dimension show me the month in 2009 when I it have data.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May
10 12 09 11 11

But the customer wants to see all months, the month from jan to dec, with data or not.

How can I create one measure with jan to dec? And that show me this:

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
10 12 09 11 11

Could you help me, please?

Thank you!
Regards,

santana (BOB member since 2009-04-16)

you need to have one more DP to perform this Outer join.

Tony Joe (BOB member since 2006-12-05)

Hi,

This may help:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

DP?

My database is SAP, I cant use outer join.

Another idea?

thanks,

Hi,

I don’t understand how this forum will help me?

Maybe I need to input values in one variable month.

??

Thanks,

If you have standard TIME Dimension table, you can merge month column between TIME dim and you table which will generate a list of all the months with or without data.

kkomaha (BOB member since 2009-05-20)

Adding a new Data Provider (DP) and making a link and using the object which is there in the Second Data Provider.

Tony Joe (BOB member since 2006-12-05)

Hi,

I tried, but didn’t work.

Could you explain me more…

Thanks,

Renata

You need to describe what you tried and how the results were different from what you expected in order to get better help. :wink: The link as provided does work. Are you using sections in your report?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I work with SAP and Infoview.

I have the dimension month.

I show this dimension month on the report with the amount.

At the moment I only have amount until April, but the customer want to see all month in the report with amount or not.

Like: Jan Feb Mar Apr Mai Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
11 12 13 10

But I don’t have data for months after Apr, and I don’t know how can I create these empty months.

I tried to created another query with other dimension months, but If I merge the dimension, only appear until Apr, and If I don’t merge, I have one error.

What do you mean?

Can I create a list of values - months? And use for this?

With SAP is more difficult sometimes.

Regards,

When you create a second data provider, yes, it will merge the values. But try this: open the merged value and select the “full month” version, meaning the one from the second data provider, and use it for the value in your crosstab.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Sorry, could you explain me this a little more…

How can I do this?

-> open the merged value and select the “full month” version, meaning the one from the second data provider

Click on + sign in front of merged object name and drag object(Query 2) in your report.

Prashant Purohit :india: (BOB member since 2009-02-18)

I need to show all month in one year, with value or not. (second table in the attachment), but I cant have two lines/rows for the same month.
When I have more line for the same month, I only need to show the line with value/data.

I tried to use this:

=If(Previous([Month])<>[Month]) Then [Month]

But the BO only show me jan, feb, mar, apr and may, and put all other in one row null. (I show in the attachment the first table).

Could you help me please?
03-06-2009 14-15-15.jpg