BusinessObjects Board

Duplicate Data Provider

Dwayne,
I have downloaded your application, but I get the following error when trying to copy:
ORA-00936: missing expression :-936

I use Business Objects 5.1.8 and our warehouse is on an Oracle database.
The code seems to crash on the following command:

'remove data providers from memory
            DataProviderFrom.Unload
            DataProviderTo.Unload

The code still copy the dataprovider but the query is blank.

Any ideas on what is causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier Masse :fr: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Ignore my previous mail. I found the problem. In the code only one of the Dataproviders was loaded.
It works fine thanks.

I can tell from your description that you were using an earlier version. The latest version of the utility, as described earlier in this thread, has been updated to fix the 5.1.8 issue that you already discovered.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Dwayne,

We are definately using 5.1.8…

Hello,
I’m not sure if this has been answered in the forum. If you already did, please point me to the right direction. When I hit the COPY button, I got the runtime error ‘Type Mismatch’. When I hit the debug button, it took me to the line -

Set DocumentFrom = Application.Documents(DocumentFromListBox.Value)

Please let me know what needs to be done…

Thanks

lokeshw (BOB member since 2005-01-14)

What version of BusObj are you using? Which version of the utility are you using? The one here on BOB? What is the exact name of the “from” document?

I am using the following:

Data Provider Utilities v1.1

Business Objects 5.1.8

document name is RedLightIntersection. btw, i just downloaded v2.2. I’ll try it with that and see

Thanks. It worked!

Great!

Dwayne

I used the copy-dataprovider .rea with BO 6.5.1.

It copy’s the data provider but it does NOT copy report variables in that data-provider.

Could this be because I use it with BO 6.5.1.

There’s no (visible) error message

Thanks in advance! (nice feature)

Tiny :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)

So far, it seems to work fine with 6.5.1 …

The copy variables function is a separate menu selection. The utility is really two in one. The copy data provider function and copy variables function are not (really cannot reliably be) tied together.

Dwayne

I “re-installed” the *.rea and now Copy variables works but
I get a error message that syntax in source (maybe) is not correct and not all variables are copied.

It concerns large variables (with a lot of context in the formula)
is there a limitation on size? (with copy variables)

Tiny :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-11-10)

Hi,

This has been working pretty good so far but today I was trying copy a data provider and it gave the error -

“One of properties in the query is not valid. QP0010”

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks
Lokesh

I have seen that message before, but only on extremely complex queries (lots of nested and / or conditions). Honestly, I never did solve it.

i had several backups of the same report. I used one of the backup which had this data provider. This one copied fine and everything is OK now.
Thanks
Lokesh

Good to hear! And your findings help to confirm my suspicions … that the data provider itself was corrupt. Thanks for the follow-up!

Does anyone know if this utility works with 6.1.3? I used it at another client in 5.1.7 and it worked great, just looking for some feedback before I dive into it. Thanks!

cparsons :us: (BOB member since 2004-02-20)

A short question triggered about the discussion on Data Providers: can I do something about the order in which I see them? Can I sort them (oops, 2nd question :lol: ). This because I’ve got several reports with 20+ data providers in them.

HenkK

HenkK :netherlands: (BOB member since 2004-03-02)

I can’t vouch for 6.1.3, but I’ve had no problems with 6.5.1. Since the same version works with 5.1.8 and 6.5.1, I would hope that 6.1.3 would be OK as well.