BusinessObjects Board

help with data providers.

Hi all,

I have a report with a data provider(fully formated according to the user needs). the report has 12 months. I need the latest 2 months also.I need to display the 12 month and 2 month. I have a filter from the universe that gets only the latest two months. 

I want to copy paste the chart in a new report then edit the data provider with the last two month condition, with out changing the original data provider. So I can have both the 12 month chart and the 2 month chart.

Neo.

neo (BOB member since 2004-11-21)

Using a dynamic filter is an option, but just curious if this can be done.

Neo.

You have a couple of options. If you are bringing back a year-month column with your current data provider, you could have one report block that includes all 12 months, and another report block that only shows the “2 months” in question.

Or, you can have 2 data providers – one with 12 months summarized, one with 2 months summarized. If you don’t want to have to recreate the data provider, you could take a look at this data provider utility in BOB’S Downloads

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your reply. I wanted both 12 month and 2 month data in my report. After geting 12 month data I defined a filter. All is fine. 

But I was just wondering for some cases where defining a filter is complicated, could we just preserve the format and then using a filter in the data provider or through a condition object created in the  universe get the filtered data in the same format.

I went through the add-in. But I believe it is for version 5.x

Neo.

I’m sorry, I just don’t understand what you are saying.

There’s a second data provider utility download here in BOB’s Downloads - perhaps that will work better for you. You had not mentioned which version of BusinessObjects you are using in your post until just above. And in this other question about its use, the author Dwayne, says it works with 6.5.1. If you try this one, and have a specific error, report it in that other question.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)