BusinessObjects Board

Downloaded reports do not work

there is a list of objects report posted in the downloads section List objects used in a series of reports

this report does not work for me. i have a fullclient BO 6.5 sp2 installed VBA is also installed.

while opening the report the error shown is ‘Visual Basic for application is nit available, thus embedded macros will not run. Open the document anyway?’

is there a additional setting required to run this report?
will this report not run in ZABO?

It would be favourable if someone could expalin how the report works.

thanks a lot for any response/sloution.

DhavalR :us: (BOB member since 2008-03-17)

If you are opening it in ZABO then VBA may not be installed on the machine.Macros from the “Tools” menu are grayed out and not selectable.
By default, the VBA package is not installed in order to reduce the download size when you install BusinessObjects in 3-tier mode (ZABO) from InfoView, this means that the VBA libraries are not loaded or registered.
You will have to uninstall ZABO and reinstall and ensure that VBA is selected from the dialog box.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

i am aware of this, i have VBA installed in my machine(as the ZABO download gives no such option).

is there a setting which will enable ZABO to SEE VBA??

The VBA download settings for ZABO can be found in the ASP file at the following location:
[WebI61_Installation_Folder]\nodes[server_name][server_name]\IIS\1\wiasp\scripts\ZABOInstallPopup.asp
When you open the page, look for the line starting with the following:

. In this line, replace "INSTALLVBA=0" with "INSTALLVBA=1". This will force the installation of VBA if needed.

haider :es: (BOB member since 2005-07-18)

i think this path points to the server, whereas i have no acess to it. when i download ZABO from infoview i get no options to select any information. also the universe cannot be edited.i have seperately installed VBA with visual studio.