BusinessObjects Board

Download Manager Error

I have used SAP Download Manager successfully in the past. I am trying to download a new set of installs and I keep getting this error…

Unable to read basket content

The basket content could not be read. The following exception occured:

Request failed. Exception: sunsecurity.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sunsecurity.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target; Class: classjavax.netssl.SSLHandshakeException

So what changed since I last used it? I don’t know. I don’t use it that often…maybe twice a year. I do have the 4.3 SP02 Patch 8 client tools now which I would not have had when I last used it. Download Manager requires JRE version 1.8 or newer. I think I have that…

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Noel

I realize I can download the files we need individually, but this tool was created for a purpose and I would like to us it for just that.

Mine won’t even launch since I used it last. :frowning:
Not sure if something changed on my machine or if I’m just not remembering how to use it correctly. :laughing:

I was able to get mine running but I couldn’t connect to the Download Basket. Our network team is making changes to our proxy configurations and I’m pretty sure that I don’t have the correct one for the moment. Otherwise it is working fine.
This is my version of Java

C:\java\jdk8\bin\java -version
java version “1.8.0_202”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_202-b08)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.202-b08, mixed mode)

My version is a little newer than yours. Not sure if it makes that much difference or not.

Did you ever get this to be fully operational?

Yes, I was able to get mine working once we got the proxy configuration corrected. We are in the process of changing proxies though and I haven’t tried it since then so I can’t say that it will work currently.

1 Like