BusinessObjects Board

does SAP Lumira and SAP BI Platform 4.2 sp3 need

hello am curently having a server which has sap bi 4,.2 sp3

i need to install sap lumira version 2
can i instal this lumira on new drive ? or both shud be installed on same drive>?

amruta (BOB member since 2007-04-24)

The drive on which you install doesn`t matter.

Do you mean different server\host?

ABILtd :uk: (BOB member since 2006-02-08)

thanks for the reply

I mean same server but different drives

sap bi 4.2 sp2 is in C drive and i want to install lumira server add on D Drive

is this ok ?

Nope.

Lumira Server contains two components: the actual “services”, and the web application. The services are installed in same directory as the base BO install, and the web application files are added to the existing web application directory.

Joe

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Yes, it doesnt matter where you install it. SAPs recommendation, due to Lumira being in memory is to install on a separate node. What they don`t tell you is that doing so is rife with problems and most of the support guys have no idea how to solve the problems.

However, I have it all working now…

yes u r right .

the support for lumira is pathetic had a tough time to get it running

the major issue was lumira server never used to get started always in stopped mode

Other than knowing what other servers/services you need on the node, what other problems have you come across? Just wondering if there’s anything else I should be looking at…

Hayden_Gill :australia: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

[Moderator Note: Moved from General Discussion to Lumira / Visual Intelligence]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Hey Hayden,

Firstly, they don`t tell you what services you need on the node to get it to work. Secondly, I seem to remember having to make quite a few command line changes on a few of the servers that I had to dig through kbases for. Not exactly a fluid experience!

I was told by a pretty trustworthy and high up SAP guy that he just installs everything on the Lumira node…not a great approach if you ask me, so I didnt try it. From memory, I think I got it to work by installing connection servers (64 and 32bit) and an APS. Im glad I don`t have to do this stuff in production anymore!!

I am not sure what the Lumira server really needs, but my co-worker got assistance from a third party vendor that provided Lumira training for our staff. Lumira works now, but if we edit the Lumira file with Lumira designer (2.1 sp3), then we cannot schedule the Lumira document anymore (using UNX as a data source). My co-worker as a call into SAP. Hopefully they will respond with a solution.

kevlray :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-23)