BusinessObjects Board

Documenting Multiple universes using designer SDK

Hi,

We’re on BOXI R2 on windows.

I know that you can use the Enterprise SDK to retrieve a list of universes in your environment and some details of those universes.

You can also document a SINGLE universe using the designer SDK.

My requirement is to retrieve a list of ALL universes and their parameters. Specifically the END_SQL parameter at the moment, but I’ll want to add more parameters in the future.

As I see it, you can’t retrieve the END_SQL parameter from the Enterprise, so it’ll have to come from the designer SDK. Is there a method for retrieving details for all universes in designer?

You can do it with connections very easily:

For Each Connection in Designer.Connections ... 

But as far as I see it, you can’t do this with universes without having the universe saved locally, and opening it.

We have a large number of universes, and want to be able to check that all the parameters for them are correct, without having to open each one individually.

Thanks

Deano :uk: (BOB member since 2006-06-19)

Yes, but you can do this in a loop, so you don’t need to run a procedure/utility manually for each universe. You can run it once and it should be able to open all universes, one by one, in a loop and check all the properties and parameters that you need.

I did the same but with DeskI reports in this utility:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)