BusinessObjects Board

documenting a universe

Hi,
Is there any way of exporting the universe metadata to anything other than a prn file ie a word or text file perhaps.
Thanks once again.

heleng (BOB member since 2005-04-11)

I have a PDF writer installed on my PC. While printing insteaded of printer I choose the pdf and get the output in a PDF file.
Why can’t you try this?

Rgds
Ramesh

sathyramesh :india: (BOB member since 2002-12-17)

Hi heleng,

there is another way to write the universe metadata into a .pdf without having installed a PDF-Writer.
You can change the file type into .pdf while saving the universe.
File – save as – change type into *.pdf
That’s in 6.5.1, I’m not sure if it’s possible in earlier versions.

Greets,

Nicole

nicole :de: (BOB member since 2004-06-25)

Hi,

You can create a .rep file using managero universe that allows you to documente the universe. Then you can transform the .rep file in a .pdf file.

Also with a .prn file use this link to transform it to a .pdf file.

Regards

Hi !
After converting to pdf your prn file, you can convert it in word format with a pdf2word converter.

Make a search with google, you will find a lot of converters to download…

Georges Abitbol.

Georges Abitbol :fr: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

I gave this presentation at the User Conference last year, and it contains an Excel-based utility that documents a universe. Please note that you will need a tech support ID for access to the conference presentations.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

What is the Managero Universe? We are running version 5.1.8

Ted Michalski :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Hi Ted,

You will find it in the BOB downloads area. It is a universe that allows you to report on your repository

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

Is this the same as the Universe Domain Analysis universe?

Ted Michalski :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-20)

Hi Ted,

I am not sure what that is but here is the link to the Managero

irish_stan :ireland: (BOB member since 2003-05-13)

I have a master universe that is used in all derived universes. The problem is when I print the universe definition I see I want to exclude all hidden objects, because they don’t apply to the derived universe. Has anyone come up with a way to this or can you think of a way?

Thanks

maverick976 :us: (BOB member since 2004-07-06)

Hi,

When I save a linked (derived) universe as PDF, the master universe classes and objects are appearing with Universe name in the brackets. Is there any way to get rid of them.

Find attached the screenshot.

First few objects in the JPG are from the derived universe, Account class and corresponding objects are from Recovery Account Universe. So the universe name appears next to each of the class and objects from master universe.

Can we get rid of the same in the PDF document?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ravi
Universe Documentation.JPG

palepuravi :india: (BOB member since 2003-10-28)