BusinessObjects Board

"document refresh" and scheduled reports

Hi all. Can anyone tell me if when a document is scheduled successfully, does this create a “document refresh” event or are these just for when a user manually refreshes a document?

dopple :uk: (BOB member since 2009-06-19)

Yes, a scheduled report will generate a Report Refreshed event.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

I have since gotten access to the auditing database and been able to see the structure of the database and can see that what I was originally looking to do might not be possible.

Has anyone set up a dimension which allows you to see if a document refresh was as a result of a schedule event?

I want to be able to differentiate between scheduled reports and manually refreshed in order to so the physical usage of the system rather than including scheduled reports which can be set up and then forgotten about so may not represent actual valid usage.

I’m assuming you’re on XI3? If so, the only way to determine whether an audited action was interactive or scheduled is to check for an associated Logon event with the same session ID – an interactive session will have one but a scheduled session will not.

Joe

No it’s XIr2 we’re on.

Thanks Joe, I’ll look into that.

You can split scheduled report from refresh report by using the server_process.server_fullname value of the activity universe in BO XIR3

Scheduled report value will be Desktopintelligencejobserver.desktop intelligence Scheduling service
Desktop intelligence manual refresh value will be adaptativeprocessing server.desktopintelligence

In the activity universe select the Server information -> Job Server

select
BO2_AUDIT.AUDIT_EVENT.user_name
, BO2_AUDIT.AUDIT_EVENT.object_type
, event_type_description
,BO2_AUDIT.AUDIT_DETAIL.detail_type_id
, bo2_audit.detail_type.detail_type_description
, detail_text
, to_char(start_timestamp, ‘dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mi:ss’)
, BO2_AUDIT.SERVER_PROCESS.server_fullname
, BO2_AUDIT.SERVER_PROCESS.application_type_id
from
BO2_AUDIT.AUDIT_EVENT, BO2_AUDIT.AUDIT_DETAIL
, BO2_AUDIT.event_type
, BO2_AUDIT.SERVER_PROCESS
, bo2_audit.detail_type
where
(AUDIT_EVENT.Server_CUID = AUDIT_DETAIL.Server_CUID) and
(AUDIT_EVENT.Event_ID = AUDIT_DETAIL.Event_ID)
AND ( AUDIT_EVENT.Event_Type_ID=EVENT_TYPE.Event_Type_ID )
AND ( SERVER_PROCESS.Server_CUID=AUDIT_EVENT.Server_CUID )
and BO2_AUDIT.AUDIT_DETAIL.detail_type_id = bo2_audit.detail_type.detail_type_id
order by start_timestamp desc

boemax (BOB member since 2012-09-24)

True for DeskI but not WebI. Scheduled and Interactive WebI reports are both processed by the WebI Processing Server.

Joe

Just picked up on your post.
Talking specifically about WEBI and also talking specifically about the audit settings we have switched on at our organisation

A view on demand refresh of WEBI will generate one event record of event type 19 whereas a succesful schedule of WEBI (direct to a WEBI instance) will generate two event records, one of type 19 and one of type 327681)
If you look at the associated detail records for the type 19 event there is a detail record with detail type id of 90 and a detail type description of “Object Instance”. The value of this record for a View on Demand type 19 is 0 (ZERO) and for the schedule type 19 it is 1 (ONE)

Does that fit with what you are seeing ?

richmona :australia: (BOB member since 2003-04-15)

Hi All, I have a similar situation. where I’m trying to create a pre-defined condition in audit universe based on user requirement.
I need to build a predefined condition which gives the information for reports refreshed on demand (reports refreshed manually) excluding the refreshed by scheduled.
I tried above things and various other things including a subquery but not able to achieve the task. Can some help me in achieving this task.
I’m using 4.1 sp6 with Oracle database.

sheetal496 (BOB member since 2009-05-20)