BusinessObjects Board

Display Chinese font but character is Cut off !

Hi experts,

i need to display Chinese fonts onto .pdf, that’s why i’ve chosen Song Ti (SimSun) font for the textfield i used in which the data was extracted from Database in CR.Net 2005, and export the report to pdf format.

i’m sure the textfield is within printable margin and although i can display Chinese characters, in my dismay, for any sentence that span over to next sentence, that earlier sentence last 1-2 characters is always being cut off at the right side. (note: no matter if the data is in english or chinese, i realized as long i use Song Ti (SimSun), the cut off will be present, but i need to display Chinese characters, is this a Crystal Report bug?

I’ve tested locally on my development notebook and everything works just fine, winxp sp3, adobe reader 9, iis 5.1

The display problem (cut off) happens for Windows 2008r2 server, iis 7.5, adobe reader 9

I’ve installed language packs(inclusing simplified chinese) for Windows 2008r2 server, but still in vain. What’s happening? and any advice for turn around solution?

Sry, i used SongTi (SimSun), because this website cannot display chinese font here.

Please Help!!
:crazy_face:

Marquek (BOB member since 2010-11-04)