BusinessObjects Board

Diasble webi login

Looks like something I ought to be able to find via a search - but I can’t …

Quick question as our admin guy is AWOL - how do I temporarily disable Bobj webi login on CMC, please? Need to do some database work and I don’t want people logging in for a few hours.

I’ve had a root around on the CMC, but the option isn’t jumping out at me.

Ta

Debbie

Debbie :uk: (BOB member since 2005-03-01)

Couple of ways…

In Users & Groups, right-click on a group, then hit Account Manager. You can then disable all members of the group in one click. Note that re-enabling the users will enable any users that had previously been disabled, which may or may not be what you want.

Alternatively, in Applications -> BI launch pad, you can revoke access for all users, then re-add it later.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

Or just shutdown Tomcat (or any other web server that is used). This can however, cause users asking and raising tickets about why the system is down as they would get the ‘This site can’t be reached’ error message in a browser.

What I use to do during longer maintenance windows is re-directing users from the Launchpad login page to a custom web page where there is an announcement that the maintenance is ongoing and also a countdown timer for them to see how much the system will still be down.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)