BusinessObjects Board

DF_SalesPricingFactDelta_SAP crashes

Greetings !

I have a tough problem to resolve and I’m trying to get as much help as I can to solve it. Maybe you will be the one to help me ! :wink:

Here it is :

I have a performance issue with the job DF_SalesPricingFactDelta_SAP from the Sales_Load_FACTS_SAP Job.

The firstload job ran succesfully, so we’ve loaded data from SAP to SQLServer until mid-may 2013. But since then, the delta job never ran succesfully.

We fixed a lot a little problems but now we have performance issue with the delta load when the defaut generated program ZAWKONVSD. For a simple delta of 4000 to 5000 documents, it takes around 21 hours to run which is unacceptable since it still runs during the next day when users are working. Our SAP system performance is decreased due to the database crunching… :hb:

One of my devlopper here analysed the ZAWKONVSD program and find out that since it’s generated code from DS4.1, it is not optimize at all. He then developped it’s own program to do the job. It executes in only a few minutes ! :blue:

What I try to achieve is to load a delta for only one day to make sure the delta job work as supposed. The problem is that when I try to run the job a .dat file SalesPriceFactDelta.dat should be generated on our share sapdata folder but it fails before and the file is never generated.

The job runs and reads the VBAP table in SAP but crash after about 40 minutes of execution. We’ve raised the allowed memory per dialog profile variables (in trx RZ10) to 3GB instead of 2GB of our SAP instance but even it this variable is higher, it crashes at the same amount of memory : 1,974,608,512 kb (around 1.839GB).

Do you have any ideas why this happens ?
Also, why is the defaut generated program ZAWKONVSD takes so long ?

Any help would be appreciated !
Thanks a lot ! :smiley:

HellCrow (BOB member since 2012-11-13)